Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Hello Friends! It's Been A While

Hello Dear Climbers of my Beanstalk!

So....have you been wondering where in the heck I've been?  The only thing I can say is this:  Have you ever lost the key that goes to the front door of your house, and for the life of you, you couldn't remember where you put the darn thing?  Well, don't ask me what happened, because if I live to be 100, I couldn’t explain it to you, but I've been locked out of my blog for over a year!  I KNOW!  It makes NO sense, least of all to me!  If you only knew how many times I’ve tried to get back into this blog, so that I could tell you more stories...well, let’s just say it’s been a LOT of times.
Somehow, the blog linked to an email account of mine that it wasn't originally set up with, and the password that I had on that account wouldn't allow me to open it. Crazy, huh?  It's been a royal mess!  Er...pain!  Er...BOTH!  Let’s throw headache in there for good measure.  It’s been ALL of that! But, it’s over now!  I think.  I hope. [Hands formed in a praying sign]
I've had SO much I've wanted to tell you....so many stories that have gone by the wayside....to be told another day....I've even been looking into re-planting the beanstalk someplace else and tonight....out of the blue, I thought, let me try to get in one more time - give it another whirl, before I pack it up and move it along to another place.  Well, Lo and behold....as if by magic, and I assure you that it was something JUST LIKE THAT, the door opened for me tonight.  What a relief to find myself back on my stalk!  I think I’m still in shock! And, I have one friend who will be as relieved to hear this news in the morning as I was to discover it just now —that everything aligned perfectly tonight, and I'm able to access it again.  She started climbing the stalk about five months ago, and is all caught up now — has read everything that I’ve written, so I’ve got to get a move on!  She hasn’t exactly said it in those words, LOL, but she wants more stories.  For a writer, that sentiment is like manna from heaven.  So, I am grateful that tonight, however I stumbled upon the mystery of unlocking the locked chronicles, it showed me some mercy and allowed me re-entry that I’ve been long denied.
Gosh, I've missed this place!  I see by the counter that you’re out there reading the blog, and that warms my heart.  Thank you for not abandoning it.  I've missed sharing things — stories, but I will soon rectify that.  You can take that to the bank!
How's your year been?  And, your summer?  Mine has been GREAT!  It's 2013 and anything that's got a 13 in it is a good thing for me!  Thirteen is my lucky number, you see!  I’m approaching a milestone in my life: 50.  That big day will take place on, you got it, the 13th of next month!  They tell me one's 50's are the “liberating years”, but my friends would tell you that I don’t need to be ANY more liberated than I already am! LOL I think what people mean by that is that the older we get, the more comfortable we become in our skin – the less we care about being liked and fitting in the way we did when we were in our 20's.  By 50, we are who we are.  Take me or leave me.  It’s really that basic and that simple.  By 50, I’ve lived long enough to know, that I’m done playing the games of youth, I’m not interested in unnecessary drama, and I don’t have time to figure out stuff that in the overall scheme of things really doesn’t matter.  I’m coasting into middle age now.  I’ve made mistakes.  I’ve learned from them.  I don’t want to repeat them.  I’m more about peace and harmony at this point in my life.  Balance.   It’s a good word.  It’s a good thing to strive for.
I’m coming into the place in my life, where I’m realizing that I still have some dreams left, and time to achieve them.   I’ve lived long enough to have grabbed my brass ring yet suffered some blows along the way.  It’s taught me stuff – life lessons and how to survive those hard knocks as I keep on keeping on.  I’ve got some battle scars, but I know what’s important:  People.  Love. Puppies.  Security.  Health. Kindness. Trust. Laughter. Finding your soul*mate. A best girlfriend....or two...or three...  ;-)
More importantly, I know what I want, and I’m more comfortable taking the chances that will be required of me to take in order to see if I can achieve those dreams that still remain off in my horizon.    Does that sound like a grand statement to make?  Hm....it sounds liberating to me, and perhaps that’s what people mean when they say that something happens to a person when they come upon this milestone year.   You realize that life is far from over but you have less and less time to waste the older you get — in one sense, you have less to lose.
Time.  Lord, it goes fast.  My father use to say that. “The older you get, the faster it goes...”
A friend is sending her son off to college this year.  Another became a grandmother for the second time.  Still, another’s daughter is getting married.  I knew these friends before babies were ever part of the story of their life.  These babies are now grown, going off to college, getting married and having babies of their own.  Where does the time go?  We all scratch our head and wonder — ask ourselves that same question?
It’s a funny thing time.  We’ve all had those experiences where a moment felt on the one hand like it happened just yesterday, and on the other it felt like it happened long ago.   For instance, it seems like just yesterday that I posted my last entry on this blog.  Yet, it feels like forever and a day since I’ve been here—connected with it-to it.  I’ve missed it.  I know I’ve already said that, but it bears repeating.  I apologize that I’ve been away for so long.  I promise that I will work diligently not to let that happen again!  However, if I should ever be away for longer than a week without a post, please know that I’ve probably lost my key again, and I’m trying like all get-out to get back on my stalk so that I can keep climbing with you and sharing stories as we go up, up and away....
Blessings~
Jhill

  Who Knows Where The Time Goes~Eva Cassidy

No comments:

Post a Comment